Childcare Programmes at Brighton Montessori
In our childcare programmes, we make sure that every child develops at their own pace based on their strengths and unleashes their potential to the fullest. With Brighton’s low child-to-teacher ratio, each child receives personalised attention, care, and guidance to ensure that they are progressing to meet their learning goals.
Read to find out more about how each of our childcare programme can empower your children from 1.5 to 6 years old.
Pre Nursery (1.5 to 2 years old)
Teacher-Child Ratio: 1:6
Children from 1.5 to 2 years old in our Pre-Nursery childcare programme receive a wealth of hands-on experiences that are tailored to their interests. Our teachers will guide them closely in selecting learning materials that develop their fine motor and life skills.
- Works on holistic development of the child
- Introduce and develop gross and fine motor skills
- Works on the tactile and visual aspects of learning via sensorial activities such as Knobbed Cylinders, Pink Tower and Broad Stairs
Nursery 1 (3 to 4 years old)
Teacher-Child Ratio: 1:8
As children from 3 to 4 years old become more conscious of their surroundings, our Nursery 1 childcare programme will be focusing on mastering their foundational skills in various subjects. Our teachers will use our Montessori apparatus to facilitate lessons that heighten their acquired skill set.
- Helps children to recognise sounds of the alphabet using the Sandpaper Letters
- Supports children in recognising numerals 1 to 10
- Master mathematical concepts such as counting from 1 to 10 using materials such as Number Rods and Spindle Box
Nursery 2 (4 to 5 years old)
Teacher-Child Ratio: 1:10
In our Nursery 2 childcare programme, children are exposed to more challenging concepts and words. Our teachers will prepare them for early reading and understanding addition and subtraction through our Montessori apparatus.
- Blend and read 3-letter words fluently
- Master basic reading by applying phonetic knowledge to specially tailored books
- Learn concepts of addition and subtraction using Short Bead Stair and Number Rods
Kindergarten 1 (5 to 6 years old)
Teacher-Child Ratio: 1:12
In our Kindergarten 1 childcare programme, children will develop a solid foundation in literacy and mathematics. Our teachers will facilitate Montessori activities, encouraging children to discover and learn in a way that ignites their curiosity and passion for knowledge.
- Introduce consonant and vowel diagraphs
- Familiarisation with place values such as units, tens and hundreds using Golden Beads
- Learn vertical addition and subtraction
Kindergarten 2 (6 years old)
Teacher-Child Ratio: 1:14
As part of our Kindergarten 2 childcare programme, the cohort will have P1 preparatory class. Upon entering primary school, our children will develop the skills necessary to become independent learners and lifelong learners.
- Introduction of common aspects of primary school learning such as spelling, cloze passage and logical sequencing
- Regular exercises in grammar and vocabulary with accompanying worksheets
- Learn common topics such as money and time