“Brighton Montessori is a clean and well-organized school. All the teachers are friendly, responsible and filled with...
Kindergarten 1 (5 to 6 year olds)
- Key note: learning takes place in a progressive and simulative manner with a lot of materials accompanying the learning process.
- Having mastered blending and reading of 3 letter words in N2 (Pink series), they move on to 4 or more letter words in K1 (Blue & Green series). They also get introduced to consonant and vowel diagraphs. They learn to pick out initial and final blends.
- Get further introduced, recognise and learn to memorise more high frequency words.
- They do a fair bit of word building exercises before moving on to reading word lists. (ties in with tactile and visual learning aspects before moving on to abstract learning)
- Having mastered recognition and remembering quantities 10-90, they move on to quantities 11-99.
- Further cement their understanding of addition and subtraction using new material such as Addition and Subtraction Strip Board.
- Learn new concepts such as counting on and also number bonds.
- Get introduced to place values such as units, tens and hundreds in the 2nd half of the year.
- Learn vertical addition and subtraction without change in 4th term. This prepares them for Primary One learning as these are common mathematical concepts used in primary schools.
|Arrival & Health check|
|Greeting & Attendance|
|Phonics Song/ Story Telling|
|Phonics & Practical Life/ Math & Sensorial|
|Art & Craft/ Nursery Rhymes & Finger Play/ Circle Time & Songs|
|Indoor Play / Group Activities|
|Music & Movement/ Montessori Activities|
|Prepare for Departure|
Mrs Ng Parent of Sky Ng, Benz Ng and Yuki Ng
“We like the cozy atmosphere at Brighton Montessori. The teachers and staff are always friendly and courteous and are...Mr and Mrs Kharma Parents of Nadia Kharma and Karim Kharma
“Three years ago, my search for a perfect pre-school for my twins ended at Brighton Montessori. It has all the...Mrs Chiang Parent of Amanda Chiang and Gabriel Chiang
“Throughout these 4 years Juin Ron (PN, N1, N2 and K1) has learnt well from Brighton’s well planned and structured...Mr and Mrs Ng, Parents of Ng Juin Ron
Over the years, we have taught children from all around the world and are heartened by the encouragement we have...Mr and Mrs Ray Parents of Nishant Ray